(KKH) Induction of Labour week 38

Hi, Has anyone went thru induced labour bfo? Doc suggested me to induced as my cervix is not opening/thinning naturally yet. Should i? Or just wait a little longer? Cause doc also mentioned and worried abt water level depleting… I heard its more painful than natural labour. And would i be needing epidural? 😢 FTM here. So scared right now. #advicepls #firstbaby #thankyou

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did induced for first pregnancy at 41 weeks and give birth only the next day. This is despite water level full and 3cm dilate. I was given 1 weeks of extra time. This is in NUH. I took jab, gas and epidural followed by vacuum assisted delivery. For second pregnancy I am at 38 weeks last week when they suggested 39 weeks of induce, cervix yet to open and I rejected. I told them to hold till 40 weeks. They can do membrane swab and then produce me a letter if within 1 week no sign of birth then induce. This is in KKH. Do not induce if you are not ready. It is much painful then natural contractions. If it doesn't work they will ask to do another round. If induce doesn't go as plan and cervix takes long to open it can also lead to another birth plan. If your pain tolerance level is low, you will need epidural too. But if epidural fail on your body also another issue. Always understand your body well and induce for other medical reason. All the best 🥰

Read more
1y ago

Haissss thank you so much for your sharing 🙏🏼 I will consider not to induce, if there’s no need to. Idk why my doc gave the induction letter already when my case is not really complicated… makes me overthink 🫠