Baby first month / full month 满月

Hi guys I have a few questions to ask as I don’t really know who to ask… my family is not very traditional but I still want to do it. 1. Can me and bb wear black on the day itself? 2. Red eggs and ang ku kueh is a must…what about cake? Do I need to buy a cake? If yes what kind? The birthday cake kind or those small small pieces? 3. What am I supposed to do with the red egg and ang ku kueh…am I supposed to put it on a serving Tray for guests to take and eat themselves or am I supposed to buy individual packs and let them bring home? Tho individual packs prices are not on the friendlier side 4. Is ginger a must? What am I supposed to do with it…. Pls help!!! Thanks! Ok this one not important but does it matter if I order my balloons as “baby 1st month “ instead of baby full month? I genuinely think 1st month sounds btr but I think traditionally full month is the correct way to go

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1. no issues w black colour 2. can have cake to make it have more feel that it's a (sort of) bday party? up to u to have whole cake or some ppl use cupcakes too. ang ku kueh for girl baby and ang kee for boy baby (different shape but same filling) if u want be more specific.. 3. serving tray or individual packs both methods work.. at most prepare plastic bags for them to bring home if got leftovers? I bought a tray from papamama.sg for the party (immediate family only) and ordered individual sets for relatives 4. heard abt ginger but I din prepare tat.. ya traditionally is full month... my sis even told me dun put happy birthday coz technically it's not birthday.... but it's all up to the parents! afterall it is a joyous occasion for ppl to gather and celebrate the baby so dun stress over things and juz do it as u like! some elderly dun even noe the traditions and we shdnt care too much abt their comments anyway! have fun!

Read more

colour wise, maybe red is more suitable coz is a joyful moment. best to wear bright colours. cakes wise maybe u can order the sweetest moment set they have traditional set and the cup cake set, any more for variety. is ok, just sharing the joy. anything will do... u can throw in a baby theme maybe, just for sharing.

Read more

1. I wore full black, baby full white, nobody mentioned anything. 2. I took the full month cake package, it comes with 1-2 small slices of cake tgt with red eggs and AKK. 3. Both is fine, unless you’re intending to deliver personally. 4. No. 5. Doesn’t matter.

Read more

My mother in law doesn't recommend wearing black cause she says it's a joyous occasion so you & bb should be wearing something bright and happy.