Hi mummies At what age did you apply passport for your baby?

From what I know, 1st born passport application is free but this waiver is only until child is 1 year old. However, even if I apply baby passport with his baby photos his face features might change as he grows so no point applying so early to enjoy the free passport waiver. Might as well apply passport for baby when he is 3 to 4 years old so child is recognizable to ICA rather than using his baby photo when we go overseas. Any experience to share ?#advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I applied when she's 1 month old. Because we are going overseas. And if there's need to change if the ICA officer requested, then I do it. Because kids is every 5 years. Before 1 years old you do the free waiver, subsequently, you can change after that. For me no urgency to do it, until you want to travel or if you do not want to miss the waiver. Otherwise, you can wait. Furthermore, this waiver is not compulsory to do.

Read more

We applied at 2 months old. Now when I look at the photo, I can still recognize her. Ha. If you want to enjoy the fee wavier and need to travel before the baby is 1 year old, then go ahead and apply. If you don’t have such plan, you can apply any time or towards the end of 1 year. It all depends on your needs.

Read more

We applied at 2 months old. Now when I look at the photo, I can still recognize her. Ha. If you want to enjoy the fee wavier and need to travel before the baby is 1 year old, then go ahead and apply. If you don’t have such plan, you can apply any time or towards the end of 1 year. It all depends on your needs.

Read more

Thanks for the input. The thing is what if we use the child's baby photo on the passport but we are stopped by other countries ' airport immigration dept. From what I heard, I think SG airport immigration can accept citizens' /PR baby photos as long as baby still look the same.

If I plan to travel when baby is 4 months old, then it’s best to apply passport around 3 months old? I never thought about the change in features part.