Difference in EDD

Hi fellow mummies, just went for my very first gynae appt a few days back, the gynae has roughly estimated for me to be at 6w4d with the ultrasound but based on the calculations from my 1st day of last period (I track religiously with an app) I should be somewhere 8w. That’s quite a gap :/ Not sure which one should I be following for me to keep track of my pregnancy progress? Can anyone help pls? #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had my first scan at around week 6. Due to the size of the baby, my EDD was pushed back a couple of days, compared to what I calculated myself based on my last period. When I went for scan in week 8, my baby grow bigger hence it allows doctor to have a more accurate estimation of EDD. It was then brought forward a couple of days. My understanding is that the bigger the baby, the more accurate the EDD will be, as it is estimated based on the baby’s measurement.

Read more

Wait for the next scan when you see dr again for follow up! Usually around wk10-12 Edd most accurate. After that many other factors will come into play. Don’t worry about Edd so much afterall it’s estimated. Most babies don’t come out on their exact edd anyway. Most importantly baby is well and healthy! :) congrats on your pregnancy!

Read more