Contraction pain on off at 39 week plus

Been having brown mucus and contraction always come thru midnight every 5mins with intense pain, went to the hospital at 3am to check and the nurse said no dilation yet n wait till morning for doc, doc also say no dilation and ask me to go home after 8hrs of monitoring, i went home as i also already feeling better but again tonight the contraction come and go every 5mins-10mins for about 1 mins from midnight till morning. The pain is still so intense. What should i do? Is it just Braxton hicks?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is not braxton hicks but more of a false contractions or early signs of labour. If there's no dilation, waterbag leaking, you can't be in labour yet eventhough there's mucus plug. That mucus plug you get is early signs of labour. If this is your first child, it will take pretty long for dilation to occur. Contractions will get very tense when you waterbag burst and cervix starts to dilate. So if you can still hang on, you do it. Otherwise go to A&E but, if this happened same like your previous visit, you will still ask to go home.

Read more
12mo ago

Yeah, usually if it is first child, dilation will take pretty long but it depends. My first child I was on 3cm dilate and I was given 1 week gap to see if I will get contractions and waterbag leaking but apparently not. I ended up with induce for first labour.