Baby not gaining weight

Hi my baby was in 90th percentile when he’s 1 & 2 months old. 3 months onwards he’s been drinking very little and didn’t gain much weight. He’s coming to 4 months old now and he’s now around 50-75th percentile. Wondering any mummies experience the same situation whereby baby not gaining weight? His weight has been the same for 1 month from 3 months onwards, is that ok? Baby used to be able to drink up to 1100ml per day. Now average he drink only 450-580ml. He’s on both bm and formula #firsttimemom #firstmom #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby is experiencing the same thing too. He’s now 4.5 months and suddenly drinking significantly lesser over the last 2 weeks compared to the past (after his 4 months vaccination), and am worried about him :( do you have any updates on how your baby is doing now?

3mo ago

Hi an update for my baby I found out that he got feeding aversion due to pressuring him to drink milk all the time. Babies can actually self regulate their milk intake 3mo onwards when their sucking reflex is gone so shouldn’t force them to drink. Amount will drop significantly especially if your baby is overfed in the early months. Which is for my case he is overfed 1-2 mo hence 3-4 months onwards he drop his milk intake … Also, whatever amount of milk that is recommended on the formula of how much your baby should drink is just an estimate, every baby is different. If you keep forcing your baby to drink, he will slowly develop feeding aversion like my baby to the point he gets cranky during feedings even though he’s hungry. You can search more about it!

1100 ml is overfeeding.