scolded my 8 months baby feeling extremely guilty and heart broken

baby napping time getting lesser. my baby was tired but she refuse to sleep. doesnt want to put down and doenst want to sleep that make me extremely frustrated. scolded her, she cried and fell asleep afterward. i feel extremely guilty for scolding such an angel baby while they know nothing for now.. yet i am very frustrated whenever she is like this and causes me cant do anything.. she must be think mummy is a monster now.. ☹️ any mummy experiences this?#firsttimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps you and her feel tired with the sleeping pattern changes. Every single mum will feel that way. Guilty hits you hard. I do scold my first and second child. Do I feel guilty yes I do? Then, Ill say sorry, ill them why I am that way. And the next time, I knew I am gonna burst, I pass to someone else, take a breather and then take back the child. If there's no one around, leave them to play until they are extremely tired, try once more and for sure they will sleep. Alternatively, for some they will doze off themselves. Dont feel bad, all parents will have that one day, you feel extremely tired and therefore burst at your child. But if it happened once/once in a blue moon that is okay. But if everytime happened, thats a big No No.

Read more