How much does your 3 month old drink?

My baby is going 3 months. She is about 5kg, according to the formula weight *150, she is supposed to drink 750ml per day. But sometimes she drink only 600ml plus, if she vomit sometimes about 500ml plus. just wondering about how much your baby drinks at this age?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not all baby drinks the same, some might be small eater like my baby (5.1KG at 3mo, 90ml per feed). Although she’s on bm, many of them keeps telling me that she needs to drink 180~200 ml, why she drink so little bla bla (she is 11m and drinking 100~125ml since 8mo). Don’t worry too much, all the numbers are just based on average and will not work the same for all. As long as your baby is healthy and active, good amount of diaper output and no signs of dehydration (dark yellow pee), then I wouldn’t worry too much.

Read more

Yeap, i think as long as baby is hydrated well and gaining weight it is good. My 3mo baby boy is drinking every 2hrs, 120ml during the day. In the night he drinks lesser but sleeps well most of the time. Follow baby’s cues and don’t force feed :)

My baby is drinking 150ml 6/7 times a day. I think it depends on whether you bm or fm and the brand of fm you’re giving. As long as your baby is healthy and not showing any signs of underfed, you shouldn’t worry too much.