Breastmilk decreasing at 1 month

My baby is 1 month and my milk seems to be lesser and decreasing. Is it because baby on fomula? I tried to direct latch but baby fusses so add on fomula. I even took fenugreek but same. Should i be sad? What cn i do? Pls help

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fenugreek does not work for everyone, some may find that fenugreek decreases their supply drastically. Do you pump? (Since you mentioned baby don’t seem to take direct latch well) Our milk works on demand and supply, if you don’t remove the milk diligently, you’re signalling your body that you don’t need supply. So if direct latch does not work for you, try pumping even when baby is on formula. If you made up your mind that you want to provide bm, you have to pump diligently or latch (can engage LC to correct the latch). If your milk is too thick, try sunflower lecithin to thin out the milk. Don’t need to feel sad. Slowly build up and you’ll eventually get there. Don’t stress, just remember regardless of whatever milk is it, as long as baby is fed well, it’s good milk. Stress is a milk killer. I also mix feed baby back then while I build up my supply as well. Goodluck! 😊

Read more