Gallstone or gastric pain?

18 weeks into pregnancy and started developing this pain in the right upper abdomen area ,below the breast bone that is always there. Pain when palpated, pain intensified after a meal (especially so when I get bloated very badly) and sharp when I lie down on my right to rest at night. Antacids prescribed but not helping the most, I have a hunch it’s gallstones… but what can be done during this period of time being pregnant?#pleasehelp #firstmom #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I faced a similar situation like yours but only once. Checked with my gynae and she explained it was due to indigestion that caused upper abdominal pain. Apparently I searched in Google, indigestion is very common for pregnant ladies due to the changing hormones. But always check with your gyane, he or she knows better

Read more

You might want to raise concern of this to your gynae and have a thorough check if there are presence of gallstone. However, meanwhile avoid laying on right side during pregnancy best is left side. And have meal in small portion at the right time to avoid heartburn, acid reflux, gastric pain during pregnancy.

Read more