Counting Days

Hi. I’m a first time mom. Any tips on what to pack for the hospital bag? And what baby items do I need to pack too!#firstbaby #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For yourself when discharged, a nursing gown, nursing bra and comfortable slippers. At the hospital: phone charger, facial wash, toothbrush and toothpaste (they’ll provide also), dry shampoo, breast pump( if u want to stimulate your milk flow fast), ic(can use digital one), marriage cert (if registering birth at hospital), as for invoices they say will automatically do the claim when you receive the final bill but can just bring and ask for peace of mind. Hospital will provided disposable panties, a box of epikool pak( 3 pieces inside), 2 bags of 30cm kotex pad, body wipes, tissue box, nursing booklet For baby when discharged: a hat, mittens and socks, swaddle, set of clothing. At the hospital for baby basically they’ll provide diapers, wet wipes, cotton wool

Read more

This time I'm going to walk in with a simple hospital bag. haha! previously mostly unused, makes so heavy only. Gonna pack me n baby home clothes. extra undergarment incase i need to stay more days. hp charger and powerbank. Bluetooth headphones/earpiece to avoid disturbing others. Toiletries. btw I'm delivering at nuh as subsidies patient. so not sure if different hospital required you to bring additional item.

Read more
2y ago

I’ll be delivering in NUH too. From your experience, what do they provide?

I gave birth at TMC. The only things I used… Charger, Kotex overnight panties. I just wear back the clothings I went in with & let baby wear hospital clothings. Bring along: Admission paper, invoices (to claim $900 Medisave), marriage certificate (if you intend to register birth certificate at hospital, no need if applying online) & IC.

Read more

I’ve gave birth at tmc. Basically, they provide Almost everything. Just need to bring your charger. If c sect bring along your mesh disposable panty. For baby, you can let your baby to wear hospital clothing back. Please bring along your marriage cert if you’re registering your baby at the hospital.

epikool pak, overnight pads, phone chargers, baby clothes, toiletries

VIP Member

Do we need to pack a towel? Or it will be provided?

2y ago

Depending on where you are giving birth at, for TMC, almost everything is provided. Even hairdryer (upon req)