I dont like my neighbour

Is it normal that i dont like my neighbour? So they moved in recently and their renovation was pretty long so i had to suffer with all the noise and things like that and on top of that, during that time i just gave birth so plus no sleep, i had to deal with all of the reno noise. Imagine my frustration? When they move in, they cant even smile and acknowledge us. Idk if it's close minded of me to think that just because we're malays and they might see us differently? I wear a tudong so idk if its because of that. My husband was talking to his friend outside one day and my neighbour's husband simply went out and told him to keep quiet because his daughter is trying to sleep. I mean what the hell? All these while ive been tolerating the reno noise and i have nvr said nor complain to them. No hello no apology nothing.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I totally hear you. I just had to survive thru 3-4 months of hardcore renovation and drilling. Really sian. In your case, I suggest being the bigger person and perhaps send over some Kuih/cookies etc and welcome your new neighbour to the community? No use holding grudges, life too short. We did that btw :)

Read more