My baby isn't getting any decent sleep anymore

My baby keeps getting startled while sleeping, then just starts crying suddenly. What to do? She only had an hour of sleep today because she keeps waking up startled, even though it's quiet in the house and no one is touching them. I feel sorry for my baby, they can't get any proper sleep... but it's probably because of me that don't want to try sleep training. everyone seems to be doing so?? i just dont have the heart to do it even though i have read a lot of advantages come with it. anyone has similar experience?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

can try to let baby sleep with white noise. if baby is too used to super quiet environment, baby may be more distracted next time. if baby keeps waking up crying, check if he/she is hungry or uncomfortable? if baby can be patted/rocked back to sleep (assuming your baby is quite young like before 4M here), then it should be okay. you can slowly sleep train at later stage. we never sleep train btw, and let our child figure things out himself.

Read more

How old is your baby? If below 4 months then I don’t think should sleep train.. and as what others say can try swaddle and white noise! To reduce the startle reflex

how old is your baby? if in a newborn phase, try swaddling or get a husk pillow. it helps for mine.

How okd is your baby? Swaddled tight, beansprout pillow, white noise.