mastitis

anyone experienced mastitis before? any good ways to cure it besides taking medication?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I experienced blocked ducts, abscess and mastitis. Last bout of mastitis when my girl was 18 months old. I didn’t take meds. Just kept using warm compress and massaging before latching. Try to latch/pump more often too. I’ll be getting this lactation massager to try. A lot of my mummy friends recommended this. Better than ownself keep massage, hand also tired. This is waterproof also. So can use in the shower. Warm shower + massage is super good for blocked ducts. If your mastitis is due to blocked ducts, maybe you can try also ◡̈ https://welovesupermom.com/products/lacmas-r-lavie-lactation-massager-available-in-2-designs

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

It happened to me twice. Once was a short period of time. I just kept massaging, keep latching, heat compress, and hot shower specifically on that breast + massage. The other time was much worse, to the extend i felt giddy and was slightly feverish. But i still went to baby fair w my boy. 😂 I just kept feeding, nap more when i can, massage n heat compress when i am awake, even during feeding. I didnt take panadol or any meds during those 2 times. Just last through the period.

Read more
VIP Member

Twice mastitis. Dint take any meds. just keep latching my lo and warm compress esp during shower time. Another important thing is to rest as often as possible. More naps works. Drink more water as well. During that 2 period i just eat, latch baby, shower, toilet, and nap. so my husband had to help with chores and caring for our son more.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-68053)

Hot water compress, keep massaging on the lumpy parts.. maybe painful but it helps to unclog the milk ducts.. if unbearable then take paracetamol but still continues the hot compress and massaging.

VIP Member

panadol, hot water bath, compress

TapFluencer

🙏💕