- 3 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 pieces dried bean curd cut into small pieces
- 1 potato boiled, peeled, and sliced into wedges
- 1 big tomato cut into wedges
- 1 handful fresh bean sprouts
- 1 lb fresh yellow noodles rinsed and drained
- Chopped scallions for garnishing
- Red chili for garnishing
- Fried shallots for garnishing
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 2 tbsps soy sauce for sauce
- 2 tbsps kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) for sauce
- 3 tbsps tomato ketchup for sauce
- Sugar and salt to taste for sauce
- Heat up a wok and pour in the cooking oil. Add the garlic and stir fry until aromatic then add the bean curd and potato and tomato wedges. Do a few quick stirs and then add the yellow noodles and the Sauce and continue stirring until everything is well combined. Add sugar and salt to taste.
- Add in the bean sprouts and quick stir for another 1 minute. Turn off the heat, dish out, garnish with the scallions, red chili, and fried shallots. Squeeze some lime juice over the noodles before eating.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.