Veggie Tofu Stir Fry
- 2 14-oz packs of extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce , divided
- 3 large garlic cloves , finely minced
- 1 bunch green onions , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger , minced
- 1 tsp fresh chili paste
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- Drain tofu from the package and dry each block with paper towels. Pat it dry and then rest two layers of paper towels to press on the tofu lightly, absorbing more of its liquid. Slice the tofu into about 1-inch cubes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Carefully place the tofu. Pour 1 tablespoon of soy sauce on the tofu and sauté, stirring every minute or so until the tofu it browns evenly on all sides and its moisture has cooked off, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, two-thirds of the green onion, ginger, chili paste, and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Stir and cook until fragrant.
- Add several handfuls of spinach, allow for it to wilt a bit to add more spinach until all is in the pan. Mix in the sesame oil and then remove from heat. Garnish with the rest of the green onions.
- Serve with brown rice, couscous or quinoa.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.