Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 100 g mushrooms , chopped
- 1 medium carrot , peeled and grated
- 20 g kale , chopped
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 150 g potato , pricked
- 150 g sweet potato , pricked
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese , grated
- Plain flour , to coat
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add the vegetables, and fry for 5 minutes, over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cook the pricked potatoes in a microwave for up to 10 minutes, or until soft. Let cool, and remove the peels. Place potato flesh in a bowl.
- Add the cooked breadcrumbs, cheese, and cooked vegetables into the bowl. Mix until well blended. Using hands, shape into 14 small balls. Roll balls into flour.
- In a frying pan, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Fry the croquettes until golden on all sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Drain on kitchen roll/paper, and let cool. Serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.