- 1 cup medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil (divided, 2 tsp and ½ tsp)
- 1 tbsp red onion , chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro , chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp (or more) of sour cream or crema fresca
- In a bowl, mix ¼ tsp of chili powder, a pinch of salt and pepper and lemon juice. Toss the shrimp into the marinade and coat well.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tsp of olive oil on medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook each side for a minute and then transfer to a bowl. Do not let the shrimp to be completely cooked through.
- Wipe the skillet with paper towels and then add half a tsp of olive oil on medium high heat. Place one tortilla on the skillet, flipping over a few times until air pockets begin to form. Repeat method with remaining tortillas.
- On the skillet, build your quesadilla by sprinkling grated cheese on the tortilla. Top it with shrimp and then add chopped oinions and cilantro. Cover with another tortilla.
- Flip the quesadilla when the bottom is nicely toasted and cheese has begun to melt. When both sides are toasted, remove the quesadilla and transfer to a slicing board. Cut into slices of preferred size. Serve with sour cream or crema fresca
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.