Quinoa Sesame Brittle
- 1 cup mixed nuts , chopped
- 1/3 cup uncooked white quinoa
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 4 tbsps palm sugar
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C (325 F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure you cover the entire surface and all the edges (to prevent spillover).
- Combine quinoa, mixed nuts, sesame seeds, and sea salt in a big bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and palm sugar in a small saucepan. Warm over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir occasionally until the oil and maple syrup are well combined. It’s OK that the palm sugar is not completely dissolved at this point.
- Pour the syrup mixture onto the dry ingredients. Stir to combine and mix all the dry ingredients with the liquid.
- Pour everything onto the center of the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer with a spatula. Try to get it as even as possible. The brittle sheet will expand into a thinner layer as it bakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Rotate the pan (180 degrees) once to ensure even browning. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes. Watch carefully during the last 5 minutes to prevent burning. The brittle is done when it’s become deep golden brown in color.
- Let cool completely. Break into bite-size pieces with your fingers.
- Store leftovers in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.