PB & Choco High Protein Oatmeal
- ¼ cup old fashion rolled oats
- ¾ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup egg whites
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana , mashed
- ½ tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp peanuts , crushed
- ½ cup banana , sliced
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- In a small saucepan, combine the oats, water, salt, and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until almost all the water has been absorbed.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy. Add to the pot of oats. Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes, until the mixture is creamy and fluffs up.
- Stir in the vanilla and mashed banana. Mix until combined. Remove from heat, cover the pot, and let sit for 3 more minutes.
- Transfer into a bowl. Sprinkle the cocoa powder on top. Top with the peanut butter, crushed peanuts, sliced bananas, and cacao nibs. Serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.