Hong Zao Fish
- 1 red snapper fillet
- 4 tsp ginger , finely minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp hong zao (red glutinous wine leaves)
- 1 tbsp glutinous rice wine
- 100 ml water
- ½ tbsp light soya sauce
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 3 stalks lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Season the fillet with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil on pan and fry fish lightly. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil, saute ginger until aroma comes out. Reduce heat to low.
- Add hong zao and stir. Mix in brown sugar, light soya sauce, water and glutinous rice wine.
- Add the fried fish and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve fish on lettuce leaves and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.