Eggplant Parmesan Sticks
- 1 medium eggplant , peeled
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking oil spray
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/2-inch by 2-inch long sticks. Place them on a paper towel for five minutes to absorb excess moisture.
- Prepare three bowls. In the first bowl, place the flour and salt. Beat the two eggs in the second bowl. Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in the third bowl.
- Dip an eggplant stick in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg. Finish off by dipping it in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture. Place the coated sticks on a baking sheet, and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden in color.
- Remove from heat. Serve with tomato sauce, if desired.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.