Brown Pesto Rice
- Olive oil
- ½ medium white onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 1 green capsicum (cored and finely chopped)
- 1 cup parboiled brown rice
- 1 ¾ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- White pepper
- 2 walnuts
- 2 ½ cups basil
- Over medium heat, add 2 tbsps of olive oil. Sauté the diced garlic and onions for about 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the rice and stir until evenly covered in oil for 2 more minutes.
- Add stock of your choice, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to allow liquid to simmer, leaving the pan uncovered. Allow 12-15 more minutes until the liquid is gone and you begin to see craters on the rice’s surface. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and allow for the rice to fully cook for another 30mins.
- For the basil sauce, place 1/8 cup of olive oil, basil, walnuts
- Sprinkle the chopped shallots on the fish and then pour the sauce over.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes or just when the fish is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.