Braised Beef with Vegetables
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 4½ oz lean beef , cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 medium carrots , peeled and sliced
- 1 small parsnip , peeled and sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato , peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 1½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- Toss the beef in the flour, and set aside.
- In a heavy-bottom saucepan or small casserole, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté until softened, about 3-4 mintues. Add the beef, and continue to sauté until sealed. Add the carrots, parsnip, sweet potato, bay leaf, and parsley. Pour in the stock.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer until the meat is tender, about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Blend the mixture using an immersion blender. Serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.