Beef Liver Pate
- 1 beef liver , cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 6 oz regular butter , at room temperature
- 1 red onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a skillet, heat 2tbsp of butter and sauté liver and onions until the livers are browned and the onions are translucent.
- Add wine, mustard, garlic, lemon juice and herbs. Continue stirring with skillet uncovered until most of the liquid cooks off. Let it sit to cool.
- In a food processor, blend the liver mixture, along with the remaining butter. Season with salt.
- If the pâté turns out dry and crumbly, add more butter one tablespoon at a time until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Serve with crackers.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.