Baked Pumpkin Risotto
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1-2 10cm stalks of thyme
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 400 g butternut pumpkin , deseeded
- 50 g Parmesan cheese , grated
- Prepare the pumpkin puree: place the chopped pumpkin in a pressure cooker, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Remove the skin and scoop out the pumpkin flesh. Place the pumpkin flesh in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the chicken or vegetable stock in a saucepan or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof baking dish. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Arborio rice into the pan. Add the thyme, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the heated chicken or vegetable stock and pumpkin puree. Bring to a boil. Cover the baking dish and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- At the 20-minute mark, remove the cover and stir in the parmesan cheese. Cover and continue baking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.