Baked Applesauce Doughnuts
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter , melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a donut pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg, milk, butter, applesauce, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each cavity half-full.
- Bake in the oven until slightly golden brown around the edges and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 14-16 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 2 minutes, and then transfer onto a cooling rack. Serve warm.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.