No cooking required
- 400 g canned cooked chickpeas (keep the liquid)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- Put the cooked chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic clove in a blender. Blend until smooth. Drizzle in the olive oil a little at a time, until all ingredients are combined.
- Thin the hummus to desired consistency by adding some of the retained liquid from the cooked chickpea can.
- Serve with chopped carrots, cucumbers, or celery.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.