- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz chorizo sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups hash brown potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 extra large flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado diced
- Mexican hot sauce (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs with a fork just until blended, set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in chorizo and cook, while breaking up sausage and tossing, until browned and cooked through about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Transfer sausage to a sheet foil-lined with paper towels, wrap to keep warm. Leave rendered fat in skillet.
- Pour 1 Tbsp oil into skillet with sausage drippings, heat over medium-high.
- Add potatoes (stand back the may splatter since frozen), season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, tossing occasionally until lightly browned and cooked through, about 7 - 8 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a sheet foil-lined with paper towels, wrap to keep warm. There should be just a little oil left behind in the skillet if not drizzle in about 1/2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Add eggs and cook, scraping the bottom of a pan constantly with a rubber spatula and folding edges of eggs inward, just until eggs are nearly set, season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, cover, and keep warm
- Heat tortillas on a griddle, in a large skillet, or in the microwave until heated through.
- To assemble, layer 1/4 of the eggs in a row in the center of each tortilla. Top each with 1/4 of the potatoes.
- Divide cheese among each then sprinkle with sausage. Spoon a few big spoonfuls of pico de gallo over each, top with avocado.
- Wrap two sides of tortilla inward then roll bottom side over, then roll up and wrap snuggly. Serve with Mexican hot sauce if desired.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.