- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 lb whole-wheat pizza dough
- All-purpose flour for surface
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup firm ricotta
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 500° and grease two large baking sheets with cooking spray. Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one piece of dough out into an 8" circle, about ¼" thick. Spoon pizza sauce in middle of dough, then dot with ricotta and top with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Gently fold dough in half, dampen seams with water and pinch together, then crimp edges all around.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Brush tops with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, slit tops in 2 to 3 spots to create steam vents.
- Bake until tops are golden and filling is bubbling, 20 minutes, brushing with more oil halfway through. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting open.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.