Nasi Goreng With Chicken & Prawns
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice uncooked
- 2 cup water
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 250 g green prawns peeled
- 1 tbsp sambal belachan
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 2 tsps sambal oelek
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 carrot julienned
- Fried shallots to garnish
- 4 eggs
- 250 g chicken thigh fillets finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tbsps kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 Japanese cucumber julienned
- Place rice and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to boil, cover and then simmer for 20 mins or until rice is just tender.
- Alternately cook in a rice cooker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Spread mixture onto a flat oven tray and stand until cool.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add a little of the oil and swirl around wok.
- Add eggs one at a time and cook on both sides until golden brown and yolk is still runny. Remove and set aside.
- Add a little more oil and stir-fry prawns and chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and stir-fry belachan, garlic and onion for 2 mins or until paste is fragrant.
- Add rice, pepper and combined sauces; stir-fry until well combined. Stir in half of the onions and cooked prawns and chicken.
- Serve topped with combined carrot, cucumber and remaining onions. Garnish with egg and fried shallots.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.