- 300 g dark chocolate digestives
- 80 g butter melted
- 500 g milk chocolate finely chopped
- 300 ml double cream
- 100 ml Tia Maria
- 300 g cream cheese
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange zested
- 50 g icing sugar
- Cocoa powder to serve
- Crushed coffee beans to serve
- Line the base of a 23cm springform cake tin with baking parchment.
- Crush the biscuits as finely as possible in a food bag using a rolling pin, or in a food processor, and mix with the melted butter.
- Tip into the tin, pressing down to flatten and set aside in the fridge.
- For the chocolate layer, tip the chocolate, cream and Tia Maria into a bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water.
- Once melted, quickly stir together and pour over the biscuit base, then chill in the fridge for at least 3 hrs, or until set.
- When the chocolate layer is set, beat the cream cheese, double cream, vanilla, orange and sugar together, then spread and swirl the mix evenly over the chocolate layer.
- Put the cake back in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. Can be made up to two days in advance and kept covered in the fridge.
- To serve, remove from the fridge, sieve over the cocoa powder and sprinkle over the crushed coffee beans.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake and release from the tin and serve.
- For a neater finish, blowtorch the outside of the tin to release the sides.
Please be mindful of any allergies you and/or your family may have before you try out this recipe.