Do you and your husband still love each other or the relationship is more like an obligation?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think as the years start adding to your marriage, you become more and more lax. I don't know what happens but with passing years, the definition of love changes. Say, in college days, you tell your boyfriend hundred times that you love him. Love letters and cards have no end. But as time passes, the number of times you say I love you recedes, the cards and cuddly gifts and love letters disappear, so I guess it is not just between husband and wife that the definition of love changes, it changes at all levels. In every paste of life, we reach a milestone and then that is the limit. Perhaps, it is like, if you go on hiking and when you reach the top of the hill, you become normal, all your excitement, thrill, adventure to reach the hill is met and you become calm and composed. May be, it is the way with relationship as well, you know each other so well over the years that you do not want to indulge in all that you have already done and known. It is not that love has taken the form of an obligation, I don't think it can ever take this form, just that you pass through that age and experiences.

Read more

Thts a very personal question. Love and obligation are 2 different things and exact opposite. Just bcoz the obvious spark and romance have dimmed down, or I like to say matured, doesn't mean the couple r obliged to put up with each other. It depends on how love is viewed. If it's viewed as obligations then there was no love in the first place, bcoz where there's love there's no conditions or time frame.

Read more

Over the years love matures .it cannot be the same gooey romantic love. And marriage doesn't have any obligation. It is a lifelong commitment which has its highs and lows you need to understand that and nurture your relationship accordingly.

Love is always there, only the expression of love changes over the years. For me its love and not an obligation.