My wife is worried that my four-year-old son is getting to attached to my mother. I am happy that he really likes his dadi but am also worried about my wife. What should I do?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it is good that your child has a good bonding with the grandmother. these days, the concept of joint family is almost gone, and kids barely know their grandparents. i can understand your wife's concern too. if she feels she is mostly connected with the discipline and responsibility side of taking care, let her also have some fun times with the kid. ask her to go out i n the day or weekend with the son, maybe just for a mamma son outing. she can also do simple things at home with him such as making cards, reading books, playing board games, assembling toys and so on, that will get them more connected.

Read more

children tend to get very attached to their grandparents, especially as they get a lot of love, attention and pampering from them. this is natural. if your wife is feeling left out or neglected, she can start spending more quality time with the child. instead of just looking after his studies and responsibilities, ask her to have some fun too and take time out away from the house. something as simple as cuddling and sleeping or doing bedtime stories and chatting can also be a great way to bond.

Read more

i think your wife is getting insecure, but as long as your child is happy, it should not be a problem. ask her to spend more fun time with the child, but make sure that she does not tell him to spend less time with the grandparents. it is good that he is in a loving bond with his dadi, and your wife i am sure is able to make good use of that time. tell her to play and have more fun activities with the child whenever she can.

Read more

Ask your wife to spend more time with your son. Children get attached to the person with whom they spend the maximum time with. Your wife can do fun activities with him, read to him, play with him, take him to the park in the evening. You three can go on outings during weekend.