Who is a good parent? Father or Mother or Grand Parent/s?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i'm sorry but i don't understand what kind of an answer you are looking for. do you want to compare parenting styles of different people such as mother, father or grandparents? if yes, i would say there cannot be any straight answer to this. a good parent is one who takes complete care of the baby's well-being and development in all aspects, such as emotional, mental, physical, intellectual and more. it is not necessary that this person has to be a biological parent, even a grandparent, or an aunt or uncle, or in some cases an older sibling, could fill up the role of the 'good parent.'

Read more

In my opinion, a parent is always a parent; not the grandparents. Grandparents can shower affection and indulge the kids and that's what they are meant to do. One who raises a child well is a good parent! It can be either the father or the mother! In some cases grandparents also do the duties of a parent!

Read more

It could be all of the above. Whoever that takes on the role of caregiver and does it well, for the best interests of the child is considered a good parent. One that practices listening to their child other than just telling them what to do is an example.

VIP Member

I feel that very adult in the family should play a part in good parenting. Parents of coz have a heavier responsibility (: