When will my baby sit?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

From this article, it says that babies tend to sit up unassisted from about 7 months of age. Before being able to sit up, he should first master the techniques of rolling and flipping over without assistance. Give your baby lots of tummy time for him to build up arm, neck and back strength which will aid him in sitting up when the time comes. http://sg.theasianparent.com/baby-at-12-months-milestone-checklist-for-proper-baby-development/

Read more

Mine sat on her own without assist when she was 7mos. But when she was 6mos., she can already sit but you need to put her in the sitting position because she can’t do it herself.

The guidelines is between 5 to 6months. However my baby has just started only at 8months. I would not worry about it. Every child is different and grow at a different pace.

It varies from baby to baby. My son is 6+ months and still cannot sit without support. He just slides down if I made him sit.

Baby sits when supported around 4th month and sits unassisted around 7th month.

Post reply image

When your bub is ready! My lil one started sitting around 5months, and... I wasn't ready. Haha!

Your baby will probably learn to sit independently between the ages of 4 and 7 months.

Usually around 5 or 6 months. But everyone's LO ia different

thanks

Mostly child starts to sit after 5 to 6 months!