What kinda food can we stock up to help increase breastmilk supply?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think different people will have different food that will work for them. Some of my friends always resort to nuts, dried fruits and oats. It works like a charm for them. Some even experimented with lactation cookies to make it more fun. There are few recipes out there that you can give a try. Bake and stock them up! Have it as a snack or something :)

Read more
VIP Member

As the previous people have mentioned, not all the foods will work for you. You have to find which are your own milk boosters and milk "killers". Therefore, just eat a healthy and well balanced diet. My confinement food had loads of protein - pork, chicken and fish in every meal, so it helped me boost my milk supply.

Read more

It differs for all mummies. I have tried the confinement papaya fish soup and advice given by other mothers to eat more oats but well it didn't work out well for me. Milo did help in boosting my breastmilk for awhile. I think you will have to try different food and see which one works for you.

Read more

Everyone is different. The list is merely a guide. You need to try and see what works out for you. There is no guarantee to it. Remember go back to basics. Water, sleep, rest, meals, and latch. Everything else is a supplement to help increase.

VIP Member

There are quite alot of food that helps to increase breastmilk supply. Most importantly is to feed and pump regularly. You can go to http://pregnant.sg/articles/boost-breastmilk-supply/ for some tips.

Post reply image
VIP Member

Good to increase breast milk it's just a temporary thing, once your body gets immune to it, there wouldn't be any significant increament. Most importantly, stay happy. hydrate and rest well

Thanks for sharing Samantha! That looks useful. Nadiah: wow, baking lactation cookies! can we start eating them during the 3rd tri? will it help? haha

Disclaimer: I do not have any milk boosters. You must find out what works for you.

Post reply image

thanks