Gender Disappointment - Wanted A Boy But Expecting A Girl

Went for an ultrascan at 17 weeks and the gynae says the baby is healthy and we may be expecting a girl. I'm more than a little disappointed because I've been dreaming of having a little boy and this is honestly not what I'm expecting. Having growing up with two nieces and two nephews since they were babies, I have an overwhelming preference for boys. And I just can't help feeling disappointed that I'm now carrying a girl. My husband thinks it's silly and I should be glad that the baby is healthy and well. But I'm trying hard to come to terms with it. Somehow still holding on to hope that the baby will turn out to be a boy at the next ultrascan or even at the delivery room. Has anyone experienced gender Disappointment? How did u handle it?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I cried when I know I'm having a baby girl and so angry with myself. But the moment she is out, you know you are so blessed that she is crying & healthy. Believe me, as long the baby is healthy.. boy or girl really doesn't matter. Try again next time if you really wanted a boy. And I did try again, my 2nd one is boy 🤭

Read more