Wanna ask the stay at home mommy here with LO coming to 18 months .. at what age do u plan to send your LO to childcare or those half day or few hours playgroup ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If you intend to go back to work, go to childcare. But i tried working out sums before. The comparison between Playgroup and Childcare (after all the subsidies) Appletree playgroup - one month $240 Childcare (after working mum sub and addtional sub ) - one month $280 I can to place my son in the childcare longer hours, meals are being cared for and nap time too.

Read more
7y ago

yes there is. There is working mum sub and additional subsidies for income below 7K. Mine is consider private CC. so $280 is cheap

18 months old. If I have a helper maybe just playgroup. Otherwise half day. Baby can't and shouldn't be kept at home with us day long. It's good for them to engage with other peers their age too.

I am thinking of 22mths. I will send to playgroup. But financially full day childcare makes more sense for working moms coz of subsidy. But for sahm playgroup is Good enough

I would send to playgroup by 18months. Take a full day. In any case of you have stuffs to do. Remember you need self care as well.

Ya when I was working also I paid 50. Then school fees was actually 1.6k infant care.