Ask the Expert Series: Veganism for Kids and Adults 101

We are back with yet another Ask the Expert Series. In celebration of Earth Day happening on 22 April, our expert this week is Ambaree Majumder: Mother of 2, Social Entrepreneur, Speaker and Educator on Plant-based Lifestyle. Don't forget to leave your questions in the comment section, to have your burning questions answered about Veganism! Topic: Veganism for Kids and Adults 101 Date: Thursday, 16 April 2020 Time: 8.30pm to 9.30pm

Ask the Expert Series: Veganism for Kids and Adults 101
28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I am skeptical about not having any meat in one's diet. There is a reason why animals are put on earth. I believe in moderation. How can I be convinced?

4y ago

Hi! I think the fact that evidence based research has repeatedly shown that human beings can have a fulfilling, disease free long life if they eat a well balanced plant based diet and keep away from animal products should be considered here. Moderation is subjective. It means different quantities for different people. To give an analogy, smoking in moderation (let us say, just 1 cigarette a day) for many years might not cause us lung cancer but we still consider it as an unhealthy practice because we are never sure when it might become a need of the mind rather than our body. Animal products have been shown to be addictive in several research. Meat, cheese, eggs when eaten, even in moderation, tend to become a part of our habit rather than what really our bodies need. Coming to the belief that animals are on earth so that humans can eat them, I would like to bring your attention to how and why these animals come here. In today's factory farming practices, farm animals are artificia