Ask the Expert Series: Veganism for Kids and Adults 101

We are back with yet another Ask the Expert Series. In celebration of Earth Day happening on 22 April, our expert this week is Ambaree Majumder: Mother of 2, Social Entrepreneur, Speaker and Educator on Plant-based Lifestyle. Don't forget to leave your questions in the comment section, to have your burning questions answered about Veganism! Topic: Veganism for Kids and Adults 101 Date: Thursday, 16 April 2020 Time: 8.30pm to 9.30pm

Ask the Expert Series: Veganism for Kids and Adults 101
28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My 2 kids happens to be fussy eater, how can I raise them to go vegan?

4y ago

What I understood about parenting, not just eating specifically, is that labeling children can sometimes be counterproductive. It makes them believe that they are what the label says, which might not be true at all. So as a mother, I always discourage other parents to not call out their children as fussy eaters. You might feel it in your heart but they do not need to know everything you have in your heart right? ;) No child is a saint and nobody is a monster. They all are looking for validation and acknowledgement in everything they do from their parents, teachers and peers. So it is important to not compare them with other children and continue to have faith in them and encourage them to do what might seem inconvenient but right. Children can be fussy in many ways. They might even fuss when it comes to doing their homework. Just the way we, as parents, do not give up on them when it comes to their studies, we should continue trying. Start slow. Set small goals. Maybe start with pla