Ask the Expert: unconscious emotional traumatising

We hope everyone has been safe and well, during this period ? . For this Ask the Expert Session, the topic will be about 'How normal Asian parenting habits can inflict long term issues on children'. . Our Expert, Christine Wong: Founder &; Principal PsychoTrauma Coach for Rhemaworks International Pte Ltd, will be answering your questions all about asian parenting habits and cabin fever. . Don't forget to leave your questions in your comments section for Christine to answer!

Ask the Expert: unconscious emotional traumatising
20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How can we tell if we’re unconsciously affecting our child’s emotions?

4y ago

Coincidently I am conducting a FREE 2 hours parenting webinar later at 10:30 pm - Get your free tickets at my website. www.christinewong.sg

How can parents identify their emotional trauma within themselves?

4y ago

On a daily basis, we cannot identity it by ourselves. I have a method to identity the root trauma which you can enquire more with me through my website: www.christinewong.sg. What you can do right now is to realise the symptoms within yourself. For e.g: Lack of emotional regulation on self and children, children acting out, parents acting out, internal and external conflicts, children and family members are not happy and a sense of not feeling good enough. These are all potential signs of emotional traumatisation .

VIP Member

During lockdown period, does it increase the chance of the abuse?

4y ago

Absolutely - if you see the statistics in the press. Singapore Police force has stated that domestic violence has gone up by more than 20%. This is because there is more contact among parents and children.

At what age are children most susceptible to such inflictions?

4y ago

from as early as wombtime till 28 years old.

What are some of the short term and long term effect of this?

4y ago

1.The child goes into withdrawal, living their lives for their parents instead of living their own lives. 2. Acting out 3. rebelling 4. relational issues in childhood through to adulthood 5. gets addicted to electronics 6. nightmares 7. shut off 8. study difficulties 9. emotional 10. identified with the parents’ violence and hurting siblings and others 11. lack of confidence and self doubt 12.anger issues 13.calling others names and many more.

How does one ensure a good balance of asian parenting habits?

4y ago

What is the meaning of Asian parenting habits? can you help me define? Where would you take reference from for parenting habits?

How can parents heal from their emotional wounds?

4y ago

In order to heal from the wounds, you must first have a way to identify the root source of the wounds. The first step is to become aware of what has happened to you during your childhood and it can be as early as upon conception and wombtime. Through our conscious memory, it is not possible to trace till that early stage. I do have a method to support this self discovery process. You can inquire more in a consultation with me through my website :www.christinewong.sg When you identity the root source of this wound, there must be an ability to almost reexpereince- not relive the emotions and facts of the event. To be able to come into contact with the very suppressed emotions can support you to heal the wound effectively. This is the fastest way.

TapFluencer

thanks for having this 💕

VIP Member

Is tough love good for children?

4y ago

Thank you.

Sounds good.