Breastfed vs Formula fed babies

Is it true that breastfed babies have way stronger immune system than formula fed babies? Planning to give bb formula from day 1 since i know my body won't be able to handle the physical and mental stress from breastfeeding, but also worried about bb's health.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s also about your own quality of breastmilk. Eating to produce more breastmilk was difficult for me, on top of the postpartum “shock” of my body + emotion, the waking up and pump every few hours. I died really I cried so many times within the first week. My breastmilk only make up 10% of her daily needs. I stopped after 2 months I’m so much happier

Read more

Fed is best. Formula or breastfed, if theyre gonna fall sick, theyre gonna fall sick. Esp when they start ifc or childcare, theyre stilll gonna fall sick often. And i also quit pumping at day 2/3 lol then all the way formula feed till now 1 y, for future baby, im gonna be full formula feeding after birth.

Read more

My LO is on bm for 18m, once go school also sick. I’ve spoken to one of her classmate’s parent before and he (LO) is on full formula attendance still 100% so nope, not true. Don’t stress yourself out, formula or bm, end of the day as long as baby is fed and healthy most important 😊.

I also breastfeed my boy till 1 yr old, at 18 month he also fall sick (pre sch). is about the environment not about milk ya. but researched said breastmilk is the best, well, I am in my 30 I also full formular feed, so, I don't see any issue ya.

my baby is breastfed for 2yrs altho i feel she rarely gets sick but! because she has a big brother who always fall sick due to school, eventually she will fall sick too hahahaha. so either way as long as baby is fed 🥰

Not true at all. Breastfed babies are also prone to falling sick when exposed to virus. Please always remember that fed is best and your mental health matters more.

fed is best, not breast is best. You do what u need to do for both your sakes. Happy mummy = happy baby.

It’s not a guarantee. Personal hygiene, overall cleanliness are the factors too.

Fed is best and more than that what's best for baby is a happy mumma!

TapFluencer

not necessarily... there r varieties of factors