Needle phobia pregnancy

Hi there, any mummies has needle phobia? How did you guys overcome the blood test? Any numbing cream that you used? Thanks in adv!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I do have fear for needles. I will tell the nurse to communicate with me when poking, Ill look away and ask them to count before doing anything so as to avoid me from sudden jerking. I didnt use any numbing cream.

2y ago

Just slight difference only and if you can bare the pain when they poke the veins area. If they know how to find the veins shouldn't be an issues.

I have needle phobia too. I closed or use the other hand to cover my eyes. And repeatedly tell myself in my mind that I'm doing this for baby. Then treat myself to something yummy after as a reward.

I will look away too and listen to my playlist with headphones that block out external sound and breathe! I hope this helps =)

2y ago

Haha thats sounds like a plan! Thanks

I always play a game called clash Royale that will require focusing during blood tests cause I tend to faint 😂

2y ago

I just took the whooping cough vaccine and I feel it's painless. just keep thinking that it's for baby and u will endure the pain somehow. as someone who have low tolerance for pain, I find it bearable... took more than 4 tubes of blood for both Oscar and NIPT on the same day 🥲 playing the game really helps distract me from thinking about the needle and pain a lot! After the glucose test maybe u will feel blood test is nothing already 😂

VIP Member

Just look away during test. Don’t look at while the nurse is preparing.