Should I be the one to tell my daughter she can never have kids?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I can understand the dilemma you must be in. As a mother to two daughters, I definitely feel what emotions you must be going through at this point. Since you asked about it, I would think that yes, you should be the one to break the news to her. The reason is that as her mother, you know best about your daughter's moods, thought process and emotional levels, and you will be the one to be able to help her handle it in the best way. Also, assuming that you are close to each other, I would feel she would be comfortable hearing it from you than from anyone else. Of course she may have a lot of questions, so maybe you can also accompany her to the doctor after you have discussed it with her. Love and best wishes to you both.

Read more

This is a very sensitive issue. No woman would want to know that she can never have kids. But your daughter needs to know and if you are the one to break this to her she might be able to handle it better. Good luck.

This needs a lot of courage. I don't know what to say but yes its better you break this news in the best possible manner to her. You have to console your daughter also.