4 Day Old Baby

Recently just gave birth. My baby is 4 days old and he has not pooped for almost 2 days now. And most people are just telling me that I am not feeding enough even though I am dping it every 2 hours and even my husband just keeps pushing me to do more... I am so tired, exhausted and just so beaten down... just want to sit and cry Is this normal? I am breast feeding him and because my supply is not very good I was told by a lactation nurse to top up with a formula and so I did. My baby and I went for a check up on Monday and they took his blood for a jaundice check and he went crazy crying and screaming. I dont know what to do... I have been breastfeeding now for 4 days and my nipples are all sore and cracked and so I have gone to using hand expressions and breast pumps just to feed. Plus, yesterday my baby had some brick dust in the diaper... Anyone else going through this?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It’s very exhausting as a new mother when you are sleep deprived and stuck with a crying newborn. My milk only came in on the 5th day and I had to feed my LO formula during the first 4 days. Try different breastfeeding positions. You can latch on demand and need not follow the 2-hr mark. Do put nipple cream or breastmilk to your sore and cracked nipples and air dry. It will get better! Brick dust is common and will get better once you make more milk. Just remember to latch on demand so that your body can make more milk and self regulate the supply in the first 6 weeks

Read more