Is it really a must to get organic stuff like food, or even shower,spray product?I mean, some people would say that for young babies and kids, should let them use organic products first. When they get older then you can change them to normal products. But what I'm worrying is , by letting them use organic product which is good for them when they r young. But when they start taking food or apply any product that r not organic. Are their body immune? Or will they start getting more problem ? you know how old people would say their body get stronger when they get immune to everything.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel that such things are build up, its like how much toxin you have accumulated in your body over the years through eating "dirty". We may not have any problems with eating non-organic food but once our body reaches the upper tolerable limit, we may get symptoms of allergies, eczema etc.. Its the same thing for chemical laden products that we use as well, our skin may be ok with them, but it is really quite hard to tell what the long term exposure to it would be right? Personally, I'm not a 100% organic person as it costs an arm and a leg in Singapore to do so. Even buying organic items from the dirty dozen list is also not financially sustainable. What I do to eat clean is: - Buy organic corns (cos non-organic corn are probably GMOs which requires Monsanto pesticides) - Avoid fruits and vegetables from China due to heavy pollution and poor regulation and enforcement of farming standards. - Fruits - I buy mainly those from Australia or NZ. - Vegetables - I try to buy local, (support SG business and its fresher too!) NTUC stocks several SG farmed vegetable, I particularly like the SkyLight hydroponics brand. - Chicken/Eggs - I get the Sakura chicken which doesn't use antibiotics.

Read more