For Pinoy parents, Why or why not you'll consider sending your kids to a private school over public school? May it be preschool, grade school, hs..

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

From a private school, I transferred to a public school back when I was in elementary and I studied there for three years. At first, I became culture shocked. There were a lot of students, there were some teachers who spanked students and lots of them came from different social segments. I even had a basurero friend and I remember I'd watch him try getting tadpoles from a canal. Now, I realized I am glad I was exposed to lots of kinds of people at young age. I learned how to empathize with them and befriend them, without consideration of his social status. I think that's one of the invaluable things you'll learn in a public school.

Magbasa pa

I came from a private school from elementary to high school, and state university in college. I want to do the same with my kids. I am after the security and the number of students in each class because it's very important that each student gets enough attention and care. When they're grown up, I want them to be exposed in an environment which will help them to become street smart individuals. I don't want them to learn just within the four corners of the room, rather be exposed to different life situations. That's what I've learned from studying in a state university, and it has helped me mature and change for the better as a person.

Magbasa pa

I'm a public school graduate (grade school to college) and I don't see anything wrong if I also send my kid to public school. The only concern I have with public schools in Metro Manila is the ratio of teachers to students. That's why we're planning to send our child to a private school for grade school, and we're hoping she can enter our municipality's Science High School.

Magbasa pa