hello mommies

My sister in law is giving me a hard time ... She makes me feel useless pls gave me some advice.. She always telling me how to do things about my 2 months old baby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

The best advice I can give is.. hear her out (so she doesn’t get offended), but do what you yourself think is best for your baby:) Each baby and each set of parents is different. As long as you’re doing your best for your baby, and your practices are safe, keep going:) you’re doing great! If it becomes unbearable, ask your husband to speak to her

Read more
4y ago

Good that you can share with your husband:) A lot of people (not just your sister in law) will keep comparing your child and theirs in the coming days, from appearance, to skills they’ve picked up/academics, etc. People like making themselves feel good by saying their kid is better, but it doesn’t mean their child (or the parent) is happier. If anything, they’re just putting more stress on themselves to try to outdo everyone. What’s important for you and your child is how you, and eventually your little one, reacts to all these comments. I’ve learnt to smile and nod at what people say, then go away and smile even more because I know I’m bringing my kids up in a way that’s more suited for my family, and I’m proud of that. Even if my kid is not the best at this and that, I make sure she’s the happiest and feels deeply loved:)