changing baby's formula at 6 months

My baby will be 6 months in a couple of days. He was previously on Enfamil A+ before he developed diarrhea due to unknown reasons. Pediatrician prescribed lactose free milk (Nestlé Nan brand) temporarily until he is ready to go back on regular formula. However I would like to change his formula from Enfamil to Nan Pro or Lactogen due to financial reasons and probably the fact that he feeds more once his appetite is back. He is also on homemade pureed fruits but temporarily stopped due to his diarrhea. Any suggestions how we can facilitate the milk change (do we still feed Enfamil with the new milk side by side like changing diets in pets?) and your suggested brands? Like to hear your opinions. A number of our relatives are using Lactogen/Lactogrow, my colleague is using Dupro/Dugro. A friend uses S26.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

For milk changes, some babies are not fussy and are happy to make the switch. However, the success rate is higher when there’s a gradual change from one brand to another. You can do this by mixing both types of formula in varying ratios (start with mostly the original brand first), gradually adjusting the ratios till the new brand makes up the entire bottle.

Read more